This tutorial applies to Word 2013/2016.
- On the Insert tab, click “Page number” and insert the page number.
- Insert a “Next page” section break where you would like to change the page numbers. If “Section break” does not appear on the Insert tab, type “section break” into the “Tell me what you want to do” box to find the feature.
- Double click the page number that needs to change from the previous page number sequence.
- On the Design tab, untoggle “Link to previous”.
- Right click the page number and select “Format page number”.
- Customise the page number.